No stinting on the nutmeg

05 September, 2008
Page 47 
News agency AFP has reported that thousands of copies of a Swedish food magazine have had to be recalled, after it inadvertently poisoned some of its readers who followed one of its apple cake recipes.
The recipe called for 20 nutmeg nuts, although it should have said two pinches of nutmeg. The unfortunate mistake left four people, who ate the same cake, with symptoms of poisoning. Let's hope this hasn't put them off home-baking for good!



My Account

Spotlight

Most read

Social