Leading bakery businesses and their retailers are among the winners in this year’s Free From Food Awards.
Gold medal winning products include Asda’s Free From White Rolls, its Free From Chicken Salad Sandwich and its Extra Special Cookie Selection.
Tesco was named Retailer of the Year 2019 and picked up a bronze medal for its Free From Sliced Bread, and golds for products including its Free From Macaroni Pasta and Crispy Breaded Haddock Fillet Goujons.
Made Without Wheat Belgian Chocolate Twists, which are manufactured by Village Bakery for Marks & Spencer, took gold in The Innovation Award. The same product last year won the Free from Product of the Year category in the Baking Industry Awards.
The White Rabbit Pizza Co scooped three awards in the Pizza and Pasta category, with gold for its Smokin’ Vegan variant and silver for its Cheeky Chorizo and The Vegan Gardener.
Nairn’s came out on top for its recently launched Gluten Free Flatbreads in Caramelised Onion and took home silver medals for its Wholegrain Cheese Crackers, Gluten-free Pop Oats in BBQ and Gluten-free Oat Bar in Mixed Seeds & Protein.
Genius’ Gluten Free Protein Punch Sesame and Sunflower Seed Bread Crisps scored silver in the Savoury Snacks and Crackers category.
The overall winner, taking the title of Best Free From Food 2019 was chocolatier Booja Booja’s The Wonder Box.
Free From Food Awards Gold winners:
Retailer of the Year 2019
FreeFrom Hero 2019
- Dr Hazel Gowland
The Innovation Award
- M&S Made Without Wheat 2 Chocolate Twists
- Tesco Free From 2 Garlic Chicken Kievs
No Top 14
- Bellygoodness Nomato Sauce
- Yorica Rice drink and coconut based frozen Double Chocolate Cookie dessert
Best Product from a Start Up
- Bellygoodness Nomato Sauce
- Chef Akila Ltd Vegan Tikka Masala
- BFree Muesli Morning Rounds Cranberry and Sultana
- Delicious Alchemy Gluten & Dairy Free Berry with a hint of Cinnamon Muesli
- Asda Long Life Oat Drink
- Asda Free From Mature Cheddar Alternative
- Coyo Organic Kefir Strawberry
- Tesco Free-From Coconut Oil Alternative to Cheese and Peppercorn
- Asda Free From White Rolls
- Pure Grain Bread with Green Olive
- Hawkshead Relish Worcester Sauce
- Oumph! Thyme & Garlic
- Quinola Mothergrain Express Wholegrain Pilau Style Quinoa
Superfoods & Sports Supplements
- Pulsin Red Berry Immunity Supershake
’Food to go’ and vending
- Asda Free From Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Marks & Spencer Made Without Wheat Chicken & Bacon Sandwich
Bars – cereal, fruit, superfood, grain-free...
- Raw Gorilla Lemon and Chia Munchies
Savoury Snacks and Crackers
- Delina Teff Zing
- Nairn’s Gluten Free Flatbreads – Caramelised Onion
- Tesco Free From BBQ Sweet Potato Red Pepper Corn Strips
Down the pub and the bar
- Kirkstall Brewery Virtuous
Pasta and Pizza
- Tesco Free from Macaroni Pasta
- The White Rabbit Pizza Co Smokin’ Vegan pizza
Meaty and Fishy Ready Meals
- Aldi Free from Gluten Free Tempura Cod Goujons
- Chef Akila Ltd Mum’s Chicken Biriyani
Veggie Ready Meals
- Chef Akila Ltd Lentil & Vegetable Curry
- Christine’s Hot Irish Savoury Tart
Products made with FODMAP friendly ingredients 2018
- Bay’s Kitchen Tomato & Basil Stir-in Sauce
- Tesco Free From Milk, Wheat & Gluten Crispy Breaded Haddock Fillet Goujons
- Tesco Free From 6 Assorted Splits
- Asda Extra Special Free From Cookie Selection (seasonal)
- Liberty Loves Raw Mince Pie
- Marnie Searchwell Vegan Mocha Chocolate Cake
Desserts and Puddings
- The Conscientious Cook Vegan Baked Cheesecake
- Tesco Free from Strawberry & Vanilla Cones
Confectionery and Chocolate
- Booja-Booja Honeycomb Caramel Chocolate Truffles
- Retrocorn Rhubarb and Custard Popcorn
- Booja-Booja The Wonderbox
- Plamil Organic dairy free milk chocolate alternative hearts