Caffè Nero has unveiled a new menu Deli Kitchen featuring vegan and vegetarian options.
The coffee chain said the range was “the biggest transformation of its food offer in its 22-year history”.
It includes both sweet and savoury items and has been launched in response to growing demand for more inspiring and relevant food options that can be enjoyed at any time of day, it said.
“The choice of food available in major high street coffee shops is largely underwhelming and uninspiring. We wanted to create an exciting new food offering that reflects the craft and premium quality of our coffee, which Caffè Nero really prides itself on,” said Will Stratton-Morris, CEO at Caffè Nero UK.
“This is the biggest investment we have ever put into our food and we’re confident years of hard work have resulted in a real step-change and a menu packed full of delicious options our customers will love. It’s transformational for us, but also for the high street.”
The bakery products in the Deli Kitchen range include:
- Pork & Pancetta Sausage Roll (rrp: £3.45): British pork mince with Italian pancetta in all-butter puff pastry and topped with a paprika and pork crackling sprinkle
- Italian Cotto Ham, Salami & Mortadella Deli Sandwich (rrp: £5.25): Cotto ham, Italian fennel salami and mortadella with Provolone cheese, tomato and spinach on Italian pane Pugliese bread
- Vegan Deli Sandwich (rrp: £5.25): sweet potato, spicy vegan mayonnaise and smoky tomatoes on Italian pane Pugliese bread
- Bacon, Roasted Tomato & Mozzarella Tartlet (rrp: £3.95): British smoked bacon, slow roasted cherry tomatoes, spinach and mozzarella in a shortcrust pastry case
- Roasted Butternut & Balsamic Red Onion Tartlet (rrp: £3.95): roasted butternut squash, balsamic caramelised onions with a hint of rosemary in an all-butter beetroot shortcrust pastry
- Margherita Stonebaked Pizzetta (rrp: £4.75): a stonebaked pizza base topped with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, San Marzano tomato chutney and a basil pesto drizzle
- Salami & Mozzarella Stonebaked Pizzetta (rrp: £4.75): a stonebaked pizza base topped with Italian fennel salami, sweet cherry peppers and mozzarella
- Raspberry & Amaretti Crumble Cake (rrp: £2.50): Raspberries baked into a sweet sponge, finished with an Amaretti biscuit crumble
- Banana & Walnut Loaf Cake (rrp: £2.35): loaf cake made with bananas, cinnamon and a crushed walnut crumble
- Sicilian Lemon Drizzle Loaf Cake (rrp: £2.35): lemon sponge drizzled with white fondant and decorated with lemon peel
- Apricot & Ginger Crumble Cake (rrp: £2.50): ginger sponge baked with apricots, topped with crunchy Amaretti crumble topping – can be served warm with fresh cream.