Real Good Food – owner of Renshaw and Brighter Foods – has made further changes to its board as it continues to improve its corporate governance.
The board has seen a number of changes in the past two years following a difficult trading period that also resulted in the business receiving a £450,000 fine from the Alternative Investment Market.
The latest changes, announced by the business yesterday, comprise:
- The retirement from the board of non-executive chairman Patrick Ridgwell and non-executive deputy chairman Chris Thomas.
- Non-executive director Mike Holt relinquishing his position as chair of the audit committee to replace Ridgwell.
- Non-executive director Judith MacKenzie becoming chair of the audit committee, relinquishing her role as chair of the remuneration committee.
- Non-executive director Steve Dawson becoming chair of the remuneration committee.
- Anthony Ridgwell, principal beneficiary of Napier Brown’s holding in RGF, joining the board as a non-executive director.
The RGF board thanked Patrick Ridgwell and Chris Thomas, who have served the company for more than twenty-five years between them.
"Today’s changes complete the reconstitution of RGF’s Board which began two years ago,” said RGF chief executive Hugh Cawley.
“We now have in place an appropriate board structure with a better balance of executive, non-executive, and independent non-executive directors, in line with our commitment to improved corporate governance."