James Hall & Co, the North of England Spar UK wholesaler, aims to cash in on the meat-free trend with a new vegan and vegetarian-themed food-to-go range.
Available now under the James Hall Great Northern Sandwich brand, the selection of sandwiches and wraps comprise:
- Goaty McGoat Cheese – goat’s cheese mixed with crème fraîche, caramelised onion chutney with beetroot, grilled peppers and spinach on a seeded brown roll
- Jala-Bean-O – mixed beans, sweetcorn, guacamole, salsa, sliced jalapeños and cos lettuce on a harissa wrap
- Go Greek Lightning – feta cheese with tzatziki, sliced black olives, grated carrot, peppers, red cabbage and cos lettuce on a spinach wrap
- Beet It – chargrilled Mediterranean vegetables with tomato and onion houmous, sweet chilli sauce and rocket on a beetroot and chia seed wrap
- Royal Spice – coronation chickpeas made with vegan mayonnaise, Bombay potato, mango chutney and spinach on multi-seed bread
The selection forms part of Spar’s £3.50 meal deal, which includes a main, drink and snack for £3.50.
“We are thrilled to unveil our new vegan and vegetarian range,” said Peter Dodding, sales and marketing director at James Hall & Co. “These sandwiches and wraps have been developed to meet the ever-growing demand for plant-based food-to-go dining options and we are excited to see how the range develops over the coming year.”