PETA has revealed the winners of its 2019 Vegan Food Awards, including Greggs, Caffè Nero and Fray Bentos.
The awards recognise products from across the food industry, with bakery categories including Best Vegan Dessert, Cake, Cookie, Doughnut, Pasty, Pizza and Best Vegan Pie.
Greggs’ Vegan Sausage Roll was among the winners, taking home the award for Launch of the Year.
The full line-up of bakery winners was:
- Best Vegan Sandwich: Sundried Tomato & Pesto Tostati – Caffè Nero
- Best Vegan Pizza: Jackfruit Italian Hot – Zizzi (launching 15 October)
- Best Vegan Cake: Mango & Matcha Layer Cake – Wagamama
- Best Vegan Cookie: Chocolate, Caramel & Hazelnut Cookie – Costa
- Best Vegan Dessert: Vegan Cookie Dough Al Forno – Bella Italia
- Best Vegan Pastry: Croissant Vegano – Carluccio’s
- Best Vegan Doughnut: Doughnut Time
- Best Vegan Pie: Vegan Steak & Kidney Bean – Fray Bentos
“Growing concerns about health, the environment, and animal suffering are driving more and more people to choose vegan options,” said Dawn Carr, director of vegan corporate projects at PETA.
“The forward-thinking businesses we’ve honoured this year have all responded to the booming demand, with delicious, plant-based foods that appeal to vegans and meat-eaters alike.”