Zhou Bin and Peng Fudong from China have won the IBA-UIBC-Cup of Bakers with a stunning array of baked goods.
The pair bested teams from 11 other countries – Norway, Germany, France, Japan, Peru, the Netherlands, Korea, Russia, Spain, Turkey and the US – to take the gold medal in the competition at this year’s IBA exhibition in Munich this week.
Teams of two from each country had six-and-a-half hours to produce a wide range of baked goods, including breads, cookies, party and Danish pastries and a showpiece.
The theme of the competition was ‘Universe’, and some teams took inspiration from science-fiction shows and movies including Star Wars, Star Trek and Guardians of the Galaxy.
Participants in each country were:
- China: Zhou Bin, Peng Fudong
- Germany: Daniel Plum, Maximilian Raisch
- France: Maelle Dominin, Matthieu Morvant
- Japan: Kiyoshi Fukui, Kenta Ishii
- Korea: Myeong-Kyeom Kim, Sung-Chul Lim
- Netherlands: Michel Schröder, Hans Heiloo
- Norway: Ivar Bakke, Nikolai Melingen
- Peru: Renato Alonso Malquichagua Del Valle, Ysaac Rusbelt Montoya Herrera
- Russia: Marina Arbuzova, Nikolai Kozhevnikov
- Spain: Enric Badía Elías, Francisco Recio Moreno
- Turkey: Muhammer Simsek, Abdullah Akkus
- US: Eddie Batten, Natasha Rasmussen
Below is a selection of pictures of China’s winning entry.