The last seven days have produced some interesting stories for the baking industry, from Lindsey Pownall annoucing her retirement from Samworth Brothers to Morrisons unveiling plans to enter the fresh sandwich market. British Baker looks back over the top 5.
- Lindsey Pownall, the chief executive of Samworth Brothers, has reportedly decided to step down from the top job at the food group.
- With Marc Patisserie opening in Selfridges, British Baker looks at 10 other great patisseries located throughout the UK to inspire you.
- Revenues and profit fell at Associated British Foods – the parent company of Kingsmill – as it was hurt by commodity deflation and currency difficulties.
- Supermarket chain Morrisons has revealed plans to launch its own range of freshly made sandwiches in bid to capitalise on the growing food-to-go market.
- Warburtons hopes to revolutionise traditional “on toast” suppers by launching a giant version of its crumpets.