Pret A Manger has unveiled 20 new menu items, marking the biggest change in its 33-year history.
The new items, which will be available across the UK from next Tuesday (9 April), include sandwiches, salads, salad pots, breakfast items and desserts, all of which Pret said reflected the UK’s changing consumer tastes.
The food-to-go retailer has also introduced its first-ever gluten-free bread, created by its chefs. The bread combines oat, teff, buckwheat and quinoa flours, with millet, red quinoa, sourdough and a dash of treacle. It will be served as the base of new open sandwiches.
The brand-new bakery items are:
The four-strong range of open sandwiches are all served on Pret’s new gluten-free bread. The line-up comprises:
- Smashed Avo (rsp £3.25) – smashed avocado, a sprinkle of chilli & red pepper salt and served with a wedge of lemon
- Coconut & Berries (rsp £3.25) – a layer of coconut yoghurt dairy alternative, five-berry compote, fresh blueberries and a scattering of toasted coconut chips
- Chicken Caesar & Smashed Avo (rsp £3.75) – smashed avocado topped with chargrilled British chicken in a Caesar mayonnaise, shaved Italian cheese and a sprinkle of mustard cress
- Humous & Roasted Peppers (rsp £3.25, exclusive to Veggie Pret) – humous , red tapenade and basil leaves, finished with chargrilled peppers, creamy diced feta cheese and a sprinkling of pine nuts
The new sandwiches include:
- Avo & Bacon Breakfast Baguette (rsp £2.19) which contains slices of avocado and streaky bacon with a sprinkle of chilli & red pepper salt
- Humous & Chipotle Wrap (rsp £2.99), which is made up of humous, spicy chipotle ketchup and fresh coriander, topped with sliced red peppers, crunchy carrot & mooli slaw, pickled cabbage & carrot and a handful of baby leaf spinach
- Veggie New Yorker on Rye (rsp £2.99), which comprises mature cheddar with mustard mayo, gherkins, pickled cabbage & carrot and finished with peppery rocket, all sandwiched between Pret’s rye & caraway bread
Pret has also unveiled two new Chef’s Specials: the Chicken & Pea Crush Baguette (rsp £3.85) and the Bang Bang Veggies Wrap (rsp £3.50), which is a vegetarian take on its existing Bang Bang Chicken Wrap.
Pret has added two new sweet treats to its menu:
- Lemon & Blueberry Cheesecake (rsp £2.35), which combines lemon curd with mascarpone cream, coconut seed mix and a topping of fresh blueberries
- Mocha Pot (rsp £2.35), which is a coconut yoghurt dairy alternative, mixed with a dark chocolate & hazelnut sauce and a drizzle of espresso
Pret’s Nut Bar (rsp £1.60) is the latest addition to its range of snack bars. The product is made up of chunky almonds with shaved coconut, pumpkin seeds and sweetened dried cranberries, bound together and baked with a layer of dark chocolate to coat the base.