A look at who took part, where and when, to help bakers make the most of the sales opportunity.
Here at British Baker we’ve just about managed to emerge from the annual sugar rush that is National Cupcake Week. Bakers sprinkled, iced and glazed, and events took place nationwide.
Social media analyst Spredfast has provided an overview of who said what and when, to help you make the most of the opportunity in future.
- Sentiment around cupcakes over the past six months has been 41% positive, 58% neutral, and 1% negative.
- There have been 1,996,377 mentions of cupcakes over the past six months
- There were 13,422 mentions of National Cupcake Week during the week of the celebration, including one day before it started and one day after it ended.
- Monday 19 September had the largest volume of tweets - 5,230 mentions
- Monday 19 September was also Talk Like a Pirate Day, so people were tweeting about both trends, sharing pictures of pirate-themed cupcakes. #talklikeapirateday was the number 4 trend associated with National Cupcake Week that day.
- Number one trending topic globally on Monday 19 September and also again on Tuesday 20 September was #nationalcupcakeweek, two was #baking, and 3 was #cupcakes.
The week came hot on the heels of the National Cupcake Championships. See all the winners here.