Morrisons has rolled out gluten-free bread into its in-store bakeries.
The six-strong range includes a seeded loaf, white and brown rolls and a seeded cob, with prices ranging from £2.50 to £3.00 (see below for the full list).
- Gluten Free Seeded Loaf 550g £2.50
- Gluten Free Seeded Cob 400g £3.00
- Gluten Free Brown Loaf 550g £2.50
- Gluten Free White Rolls 4-pack £2.50
- Gluten Free Brown Rolls 4-pack £2.50
- Gluten Free White Loaf 550g £2.50
Sainsbury’s claimed to be the first UK supermarket to sell baked-in-store gluten-free bread in January last year, when it rolled out six products that are baked in film packaging to prevent cross-contamination.
Supermarket sales of free-from bread rose 24.4% last year, according to Kantar Worldpanel, slightly behind the overall 34.3% increase in the free-from category. A quarter of the UK population now include free-from products in their weekly shop.
Subscribers to British Baker can read and download our report on the free-from market here.