The Great Sausage Roll Off competition has confirmed its chef line-up for this year’s event.
Taking place at 7pm at the Red Lion pub in Barnes, London today (24 January), the competition is running for its sixth year and includes 17 chefs from around the country, competing to create the ultimate sausage roll.
Last year’s winner Charlie Hodson, who created the ‘From Norfolk with Love’ sausage roll, will return this year to attempt to retain his title.
The judging panel will include: Philip Howard from Elystan Street; Oliver Peyton from Peyton and Byrne; Eric Lanlard, master patissier and owner of Cake Boy; and Kate Ovens, presenter and man vs food challenge specialist.
The event, which will be hosted by beer and food writer Melissa Cole, raises funds for the Shooting Star Chase charity – a hospice charity that cares for babies, children and young people with life-limiting conditions.
The full list of competitors is:
- Anton Manganaro – BAFTA, Piccadilly, London
- Ben Williams – The White Swan, Farringdon
- Brendan Fyldes – Green & Fortune, London
- Charlie Hodson with Jessica-Jane Applegate & Archers Butchers
- Chris Brumby – MYPIE Truck, London
- Adrian Oliver & Stephen Marsh – Cornish Duck Truck
- James Strawbridge – Crantock Foods, Newquay
- John Grabecki – BNY Mellon, London
- Leigh Evans – Methuen Arms, Corsham
- Mark Thornhill, – King’s Head, Hursley
- Matt Follas – Bramble Café & Deli, Poundbury
- Ollie Chadwick – The Market Café, Knutsford
- Phil Harrison – Bears Ice Cream, London
- Rob Allsworth – Broadstairs College, East Kent
- Robert Taylor – The Compasses Inn, Crundale
- Si Toft – The Dining room, Abersoch
- Martin Shires – White Horse, Richmond