Giddyup there pard’ners – this is the last day you can get your entries in for the 2017 Baking Industry Awards!
The deadline for entries is midnight tonight - 12 May – so don’t miss your chance to be recognised in the ‘Oscars of the bakery industry’.
If you are passionate about what you do, if you are skilled, if you and your colleagues produce what customers want to a high standard, then you should enter.
The winners will be announced at a glittering Wild West-themed ceremony on 6 September at the London Hilton on Park Lane. (Pictured above are last year’s winners.)
There are categories suitable for everyone in the baking industry, with this year’s line-up comprising:
- Baker of the Year – sponsored by Brook Food Processing Equipment
- Bakery Manufacturer of the Year – sponsored by Sonneveld
- Bakery Innovation of the Year – sponsored by European Process Plant
- Celebration Cake Business of the Year – sponsored by Renshaw
- Free-from Bakery Product of the Year – sponsored by Ingredion
- Supermarket Bakery Business of the Year – sponsored by Lantmännen Unibake UK
- Speciality Bread Product of the Year – sponsored by Bakels
- The Craft Business Award – sponsored by Dawn Foods
- The Customer Focus Award – sponsored by CSM Bakery Solutions
- The Rising Star Award – sponsored by Rondo
- Outstanding Contribution to the Baking Industry – sponsored by Délifrance (unavailable for online entry – please email email@example.com with your nomination)
Now, some of you folk may be thinking: “I don’t stand a chance” or “I wasn’t chosen last time”. Well shucks, that’s even more reason to enter; some of last year’s winners, including Eric Rousseau, Clare Toynton and Paul Baker, were all first-time entrants. Meanwhile, Dominic Salter, after two previous attempts in the category, finally walked away with his deserved Baker of the Year accolade.
And don’t go telling us you haven’t got time to enter, pard’ners – we’ve made the entry process easier than ever (see below), and we’ve given you until midnight tonight to do it.
How to enter the Baking Industry Awards
- Go to www.bakeryawards.co.uk and click on the ‘Enter’ page.
- At the bottom of the page is the ‘Enter now’ button. Click on that and follow the instructions. If you have any queries call Catherine on 01293 610439.
- Entry deadline is midnight Friday 12 May.
- The sponsors will download your online entry. You do not have to be a customer of the sponsor to enter.
- The judges will then draw up a shortlist. From that shortlist, three finalists will be chosen.
- Depending on whether it is a person or product award you may be visited, invited for an interview, or asked to supply products.
- A company may enter more than one category, but an individual may enter only one. If a company enters multiple categories, each entry must be made by a different representative, using a different email address.