Finsbury Food Group has added new lines including a cupcake platter to its Mary Berry range of licensed cakes.
Launching nationwide in September, the extension of the range includes five cakes and the platter – all inspired by a Mary Berry recipe.
To create the new lines, the development team at Finsbury Food Group worked closely with Berry, who said she was “delighted” and “proud” to introduce the range.
The new cakes include:
- Mary Berry Rose Gift Cake (rsp £4), inspired by the Mary Berry Rose, grown in Berry’s garden and showcased at the Chelsea Flower Show
- Toffee Coffee Cake (rsp £3.50), inspired by Mary Berry’s Hokey Pokey cake
- Raspberry Ripple Cake (rsp £3.50), inspired by Mary Berry’s recipe for Marble Raspberry Cheesecake
- Orange Loaf (rsp £2.50)
- Classic Ginger Loaf (rsp £2.50)
- Raspberry, Lemon and Chocolate Cupcakes (rsp £8/nine-pack), from Mary Berry’s Mixed Cupcake Platter.
They join the existing range, which launched into supermarkets in April 2017 and is now worth £5.9m, according to Finsbury. It includes the Indulgent Chocolate Cake, Classic Carrot Cake, Lemon Yoghurt Loaf, Banana Fudge Loaf and Celebration Rose Cake.
“We’re incredibly excited to be extending our successful range with the Queen of cakes, Mary Berry. Together, we’ve developed six new products inspired by Mary’s well-loved recipes, including cupcakes for the first time, to cater for every budget and occasion – now as a gift and for enjoying at home,” said Donna O’Neill, brand manager at Finsbury Food Group.
“We’ve been delighted by the response to the range so far and have made sure that the new additions showcase the high quality and expertise that Mary Berry and Finsbury Food Group are known for.”
British Baker subscribers can read our report ‘Little Gems: why small has become beautiful’, which discusses the popularity of cupcakes in supermarkets.