Knightsbridge restaurant Mamounia Lounge has launched a new afternoon tea inspired by Lebanese and Moroccan cuisine.
The Moyen Orient Afternoon Tea joins the restaurant’s existing line-up of Halal Afternoon Tea, Champagne Afternoon Tea and Gin & Tonic Afternoon Tea. It is priced at £55 per person with the optional upgrade to add a champagne cocktail, taking the price up to £69 per person.
The menu includes options inspired by Lebanese and Moroccan cuisine. It comprises:
- Herby salmon and cream cheese scone
- Confit chicken sandwich
- Ricotta sandwich with harissa and cucumber
- Harissa tuna Tunisian slider
- Cheese briouat
- Scones with clotted cream and pear jam
- Pistachio macarons
- Mille-feuille with crème pâtissière
- Financier with chocolate ganache
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
- Panna cotta with raspberry sauce and almond brittle
- Fruity profiteroles
- Chocolate dipped madeleines with coconut
Afternoon tea inspired by the Middle East and further afield have grown in popularity of late, as noted in our trends report for Afternoon Tea Week 2019. Earlier this year, The Academy hotel unveiled its Mr Ma’s afternoon tea, which it described as quintessentially British with an Asian twist.