Greenhalgh’s bakery has scooped the Bakery Sandwich Shop of the Year chain category at the Sandwich Industry Awards (Sammies).
Bakery giant Greggs was also a winner, walking off with the En-Route Sandwich Retailer of the Year Award, while PRET and Marks & Spencer’s each nabbed two in the awards organised by the British Sandwich Association.
Twenty-one awards were given out in total by michelin-starred celebrity chef Theo Randall. He had also been a head judge at the British Sandwich Designer Grand Final.
A record 674 guests gathered for the ceremony. See the full list below.
- The New Sandwich of the Year Award
- Standard Category: Waitrose, Love Life Calorie Controlled, Turkey And Pastrami
- Premium Category: Marks & Spencer, Ultimate Cornish Cruncher Cheddar with Pickled Onion Chutney
- Hot Eating Category: Marks & Spencer, BBQ Pulled Pork Bun with deli-style slaw and gherkins
- Promotional Sandwich Category: PRET, Veggie Christmas Lunch
- The Independent Sandwich Bar of the Year Award: Trade, Commercial Street, London
- The Specialist Sandwich Bar Chain of the Year Award: EAT
- The Sandwich Multiple Retailer of the Year Award: Tesco
- The Sandwich Convenience Retailer of the Year Award: The Co-operative
- The En-Route Sandwich Retailer of the Year Award: Greggs
- The Bakery Sandwich Shop of the Year Award:
- Chain Category: Greenhalgh’s
- Independent Category: Kamps, Tottenham Court Road, London
- The Café Sandwich Retailer of the Year Award:
- Independent Category: Picnic, Falmouth
- Chain Category: PRET café
- The Workplace Sandwich Provider of the Year Award: Sodexo
- The BSA Sandwich Manufacturer of the Year Award: Melton Foods
- The New Sandwich Product/Equipment Award
- Ingredient Category: Street Eats, Dill Gherkin Mustard
- Equipment Category: Planglow, Street Box/Deli Paper
- The British Sandwich Industry Award: Mark Arnold
- The BSA Technical Excellence Award: Tom Hollands and Karolina Rutkowska - Raynors Sandwiches
- The Sandwich Marketing Award: Boots – Nutritious ‘On Your Way To 5 A Day’