Greggs is offering romantic candlelit dinners in its stores for the first time this Valentine’s Day.
Selected stores across the country (see list below) will be turned into romantic restaurants, complete with mood lighting, music, roses, candelabras and white linen tablecloths.
Customers will be treated to a four-course menu, priced £15 for two, made entirely from Greggs’ food that has been given a Valentine’s twist. The menu comprises:
- Starter: A composition of canapés — seasoned pork and puff pastry slider, steak & blue cheese en croute, katsu tortilla wrap, Mexican chicken chipotle spoon, béchamel toasted honey-cured ham square and tomato gazpacho
- Main: Your choice of signature Greggs puff pastry parcel, accompanied by oven-roasted spiced potato slices and a garnish of fresh Apollo and spinach leaves and sunblush tomatoes
- Dessert: A brochette of miniature doughnuts paired with a butterscotch-flavoured dipping sauce
- Petits Fours and Coffee: Belgian dark chocolate brownie, raspberry and almond bite and caramel shortbread, accompanied by Fairtrade coffee made using a blend of mild Arabica beans from Peru and Colombia and rich-tasting Robusta beans from Tanzania
- To drink: Italian prosecco, soft drinks, still or sparkling mineral water
“For the first time in our history, we wanted to offer the public the opportunity to enjoy their Valentine’s Day evening in the comfort of their local Greggs. We’re delighted to offer this experience for fans for one night only – whether they’re on a first date or have been married for 30 years. We can guarantee it will be a night to remember,” a Greggs’ spokesperson said.
Greggs has teamed up with restaurant booking service OpenTable where customers will be able to book a table from Wednesday 7 February.
Shops offering the Valentine’s Day dining experience are:
- London – Stockwell (Clapham Road) – 312 Clapham Road, Greater London, SW9 9AE
- Manchester – City Tower – 15a City Tower, Manchester, M1 4BT
- Glasgow – Argyle Street – 172 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G3 8ND
- Newcastle – Grainger Street – 73/75 Grainger Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5JE
- Cardiff – Queen Street – 34 Queen Street, Cardiff, CF10 2BW