The finalists in the Baking Industry Awards (BIA) 2015 have been unveiled.
With three hopefuls left in the running in each of 10 categories, all will be revealed at the London Hilton on Park Lane on Wednesday 9 September when the baking industry will gather for the ceremony.
Around 800 guests will watch as 11 awards are given out by this year’s host and TV star Claudia Winkleman, including the Outstanding Contribution Award - the winner of which is chosen through a nomination process rather than by entries.
The coveted Baker of the Year award, last year scooped by Mark Bennett of Patisserie Mark Bennett, will also be awarded.
Martyn Leek, British Baker editor, said: “Every year the Baking Industry Awards get better as judges have more difficulty picking winners from the high standard of entries we receive. It is a perfect opportunity to reflect on the past year as outstanding accomplishments, by both individuals and companies, are applauded by the UK’s largest gathering of baking industry professionals.”
Aside from the awards, the night presents a perfect opportunity to network with peers, meet new people and keep abreast of the latest in the baking industry. Plenty of entertainment is provided after the three-course meal and awards, with all guests invited to fill the dance floor.
Don’t miss out and book your ticket now by calling Elizabeth Ellis on 01293 846593 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets cost £268 each or guests can buy a table of 10 for £2,420.
Baker of the Year, sponsored by Brook Foods
- Richard Bertinet, The Bertinet Bakery
- Alex Gooch, Alex Gooch Artisan Baker
- Dominic Salter, The Sandwich Box
The Craft Business Award, sponsored by Dawn Foods
- J & I Smith Bakers
- Patisserie Mark Bennett
- Warrens Bakery
The Customer Focus Award, sponsored by CSM UK
- AB Mauri
- The Kitchen Croxley
The Innovation Award, sponsored by Asda
- Gluten-Free Bread Home Baking Mix, Bakels
- Pão de Queijo, Ireks
- Hand-held Pies, Proper Cornish
Free-from Bakery Product of the Year, sponsored by Ingredion
- Genius Crumpets, Genius Gluten Free
- Incredible Onion Panini, Incredible Bakery Company
- Sour Cherry Bakewell, Four Anjels
The Rising Star Award, sponsored by Craft Bakers’ Association
- Annie Body, Annie’s Bakery
- Nathan Giles, Nicholas & Harris
- Catherine Postance, Coopland & Son (Scarborough)
In-store Bakery Bakery Retailer of the Year, sponsored by Zeelandia
Bakery Manufacturer of the Year, sponsored by Sonneveld
- David Wood Baking
- Finsbury Food Group
Speciality Bread Product of the Year, sponsored by Bakels
- Chocolate Sourdough with Praline Almonds, Peter Cooks Bread
- Seeded Sourdough, Reeve the Baker
- Raspberry & White Chocolate Brioche Swirl, Greenhalgh’s Craft Bakery
Celebration Cake Business of the Year, sponsored by Renshaw
- Browns Cakes
- Finsbury Food Group
- Zoe’s Fancy Cakes