Giddy-up there, y’all – the deadline for the Baking Industry Awards is fast approaching and we don’t want you to be left in the dust.
The closing date for entries for the 2017 awards is Friday 5 May, so don’t delay.
If you are passionate about what you do, if you are skilled, if you and your colleagues produce what customers want, to a high standard, then you should enter. There are categories suitable for everyone in the baking industry, with this year’s line-up comprising:
- Baker of the Year – sponsored by Brook Food Processing Equipment
- Bakery Manufacturer of the Year – sponsored by Sonneveld
- Bakery Innovation of the Year – sponsored by European Process Plant
- Celebration Cake Business of the Year – sponsored by Renshaw
- Free-from Bakery Product of the Year – sponsored by Ingredion
- Supermarket Bakery Business of the Year – sponsored by Lantmännen Unibake UK
- Speciality Bread Product of the Year – sponsored by Bakels
- The Craft Business Award – sponsored by Dawn Foods
- The Customer Focus Award – sponsored by CSM Bakery Solutions
- The Rising Star Award – sponsored by Rondo
- Outstanding Contribution to the Baking Industry – sponsored by Délifrance (UNAVAILABLE FOR ONLINE ENTRY – PLEASE EMAIL CARYN.COLLINS@WRBM.COM WITH YOUR NOMINATION)
Now, some of you folk may be thinking: “I don’t stand a chance” or “I wasn’t chosen last time”. Well shucks, that’s even more reason to enter; some of last year’s winners, including Eric Rousseau, Clare Toynton and Paul Baker, were all first-time entrants. Meanwhile, Dominic Salter, after two previous attempts in the category, finally walked away with his deserved Baker of the Year accolade.
And don’t go telling us you haven’t got time to enter, pard’ners – we’ve made the entry process easier than ever (see below).
The awards shindig itself will take place on 6 September at the London Hilton on Park Lane and – in case you hadn’t already guessed – this year’s event will have a Wild West theme.
How to enter the Baking Industry Awards
- Go to www.bakeryawards.co.uk and click on the ‘Enter’ page.
- At the bottom of the page is the ‘Enter now’ button. Click on that and follow the instructions. If you have any queries call Catherine 01293 610439.
- Entry deadline is Friday 5 May.
- The sponsors will download your online entry. You do not have to be a customer of the sponsor to enter.
- The judges will then draw up a shortlist. From that shortlist, three finalists will be chosen.
- Depending on whether it is a person or product award you may be visited, invited for an interview, or asked to supply products.
- A company may enter more than one category, but an individual may enter only one. If a company enters multiple categories, each entry must be made by a different representative, using a different email address.