2 brioche loaves, 400g each,
200g chocolate drops
400g California Raisins
900ml full cream milk
600ml single cream
16 medium eggs
10 tbsp raspberry jam
Grated rind and juice of
4 medium oranges
Double cream to serve
1. Set oven to 180°C, 350°F.
2. Grease two large shallow ovenproof dishes with some of the butter. Then use the rest of it to butter the brioche slices.
3. Place half of the buttered slices in the bottom of each dish, and sprinkle each with half
the orange rind and the California Raisins.
5. Place the remaining brioche slices on top and cover each dish with 100g of chocolate drops.
6. Beat the milk, cream, sugar, juice and eggs and pour equally over the two brioches and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
7. Place each dish into a roasting tin, which has been half-?lled with boiling water and bake for 30-40 minutes.
8. Warm the jam, spread over the baked dish and serve with fresh double cream.