Lovingly Artisan has won the baker of the year accolade at the Farm Shop & Deli Awards for the second year running.
Kendal-based Lovingly Artisan illustrated a great passion for hand-crafted breads and took into consideration the health aspects of its ingredients, said the judges.
“They have an excellent synergy with local suppliers,” one stated.
The awards were announced via social media, as they were due to be presented at the Farm Shop & Deli Show, which has been postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Covering 11 categories, the awards were hosted by broadcaster, journalist and judges’ chair Nigel Barden.
The panel also included: food writer and co-chair Elaine Lemm; British Baker deputy editor Amy North; owner of Wellgate Fisheries and president of the National Federation of Fishmongers Giles Shaw; fresh foods reporter at The Grocer Henry Sandercock; and Richard Nicholson from Cannon Hall Farm Shop, last year’s Retailer of the Year winner.
“From a fantastic collection of speciality retailer finalists, dedicated to artisan quality, service and the communities they serve, we now have the very best of the best,” added Barden.
Farm Shop & Deli Awards winners 2020
- Baker of the Year: Lovingly Artisan, Cumbria
- Butcher of the Year: Brace of Butchers, Dorset
- Fishmonger: Cross of York, North Yorkshire
- Greengrocer: K D Davis & Sons (The Greengrocers), South Yorkshire
- Newcomer: The Crieff Food Co, Perthshire
- Online Business: Dukeshill Ham Co, Shropshire
- Retailer of the Year: The Courtyard Dairy, North Yorkshire
- Village Store/Local Shop: Fittleworth Stores, West Sussex
- Cheesemonger and North West: The Courtyard Dairy, Yorkshire
- Delicatessen and South East: Panzer’s, St John’s Wood
- Farm Shop Large Retailer and South West: Strawberry Fields Farm Shop and Restaurant, Devon
- Farm Shop Small Retailer and Midlands: Wellbeck Farm Shop, Nottinghamshire
- Food Hall and Scotland: The Crieff Food Co, Perthshire
- East Anglia: The Norfolk Delicatessen, Hunstanton
- North East: Farmer Copleys, Pontefract, West Yorkshire
- Northern Ireland: Cunningham Butchers & Food Hall, Kilkeel, Co Down
- Wales: The Little Cheesemonger, Rhuddlan, Denbighshire