A retro 1962 Hovis trailer will tour the UK for two months, offering demonstrations, samples and the chance to have a go at milling wheat.
The Hovis Wholemeal Experience will include interactive baking demonstrations hosted by Hovis master bakers, including Colin Lomax, who worked with the company for 42 years.
More energetic visitors to the experience can also mill wheat on a specially-adapted bicycle. Every visitor will be able to pick up a Hovis 800g medium sliced wholemeal loaf.
The tour is on the road now, serving slices of wholemeal loaf straight from the oven.
Hannah Vose, senior brand manager at Hovis, said: “We’re really immersing visitors in the Hovis Wholemeal Experience, with the opportunity to touch and knead the dough, inviting them to enjoy the intoxicating aroma of freshly baked loaves and the taste of our delicious wholemeal bread straight from the oven.”
The tour will visit seven city venues:
• 11-14 May – Cardiff: St David’s Shopping Centre – CF10 2EF
• 17-21 May – London: Westfield London Shopping Centre – W12 7GF
• 25-28 May – Birmingham: The Bullring – B5 4BU
• 1-4 June – Leeds: The Briggate – LS1 6LX
• 7-11 June – Manchester: Exchange Square – M3 1BD
• 13-18 June – London: Westfield Stratford – E20 1EJ
• 22-25 June – Glasgow: Argyle Street – G2 8AR