* Things that are not of value singly are useful collectively
* How often things happen by chance, which you would not dare to hope for
* He cracks the nut, but who wishes to have the kernel out of the nut?
* What is there of beauty in the piled-up heap (of money)?
* That which is not required is dear at a farthing
* He who is able to do too much wants to be able to do more than he is able
* There are as many thousands of tastes as there are of persons living in this world
* So many men, so many opinions; everyone has their own fancy