The School of Artisan Food is to focus more on its bakery training following an increased uptake and demand for its full-time diploma.

The School, which was launched around three years ago and is based on the Welbeck Estate in North Nottinghamshire, is looking to focus on its Advanced Diploma in bakery as a one-year full-time course.

Wayne Caddy, head of baking at The School of Artisan Food, told British Baker: "We are focusing more on the bakery year-long full-time Diploma now than the other skills, such as dairy and charcuterie, because of the whole interest around bakery. We are looking at ways of expanding the course such as increasing the work placement duration from six weeks to 10 instead."

He added that the School had seen great success from this year’s graduates for the full-time bakery diploma, with 40% running their own artisan bakery businesses and the remaining 60% working in the industry.

"We are also going to be increasing the practical training on the course to four days a week instead of three, with a day of theory on elements such as business studies," Caddy added. "Listening to the feedback of students has helped to shape the course for future potential bakers."