There’s now more time to enter the Baking Industry Awards 2022! With entries still coming in, British Baker has extended the deadline until Monday 23 May.
The awards are free to enter and there are 15 categories to choose from (see full list below) meaning businesses of all shapes and sizes have a chance to shine.
Those lucky enough to be selected as finalists get to attend the black-tie event with a guest for free. Not only will they enjoy a fantastic night out, but also recognition in front of more than 500 decision makers from across the industry with representation from supermarkets, manufacturers, suppliers and craft bakers.
“We would encourage everyone to enter the awards, it is a great process with very friendly judges who genuinely want to learn about your business,” said Sean Sarafilovic from Stephens Bakery, which took home the Craft Bakery Business Award in 2021. “Whether you win or not, it is a rewarding way to reflect on all the progress made and achievements within the business.”
Mike Holling, sales & marketing director at Birds Bakery which was named Bakery Retailer of the Year 2021, urged bakery businesses to “go for it!” Offering advice on the entry process, he added: “First, write down the key points you want to get over in your entry, then start to complete your form. The entry form is online, and you can save all details, come back at a later stage and take your time with the submission. Secondly, before you submit your entry double check the details.”
Here’s the full list of categories for the Baking Industry Awards 2022:
- Baker of the Year – sponsored by Brook Food & Bakery Equipment
- Bakery Exporter of the Year – sponsored by IFF
- Bakery Manufacturer of the Year – sponsored by Bako
- Bakery Retailer of the Year – sponsored by Lantmännen Unibake
- Celebration Cake Business of the Year – sponsored by Finsbury Food Group
- Craft Bakery Business Award – sponsored by Dawn Foods
- Customer Focus Award – sponsored by CSM Ingredients
- Free-from Bakery Product of the Year – sponsored by Katech by Ingredion
- New Bakery Product of the Year – sponsored by TraceGains
- Online Bakery Business of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to the Baking Industry – sponsored by Délifrance
- Rising Star Award – sponsored by Rondo
- Speciality Bread Product of the Year – sponsored by Bakels
- Sustainability Initiative of the Year – sponsored by Macphie
- Team of the Year – sponsored by Unifiller
So, what are you waiting for? Get your entries in now via our dedicated website. Once there, simply select the category you’d like to enter and follow the instructions. The finalists will be revealed in August with the winners announced at the black-tie ceremony on Thursday 20 October.
Attendees will enjoy a fizz reception on arrival and a three-course dinner with wine, plus enjoy the entertainment stylings of a secret celebrity guest who will reveal the winners. Then, the after party begins! There will be dancing, entertainment, games and snacks to keep the fun going until the wee hours.