The British Society of Baking (BSB) held its annual golf day at the Forest of Arden Hotel and Country Club in Meriden, Warwickshire late last month.
Players from across the baking industry took part in the annual event with teams of four competing.
PGA qualified professional Ady Wheatcroft was also in attendance. The golfer, who demonstrated trick shots, including hitting balls from metre-high tees or while standing on top of a stepladder, helped to raise £200 for the Bakers Benevolent Society by auctioning a free round of golf for four people.
The winners from the BSB golf day are:
- 1st Team Prize: Paul Cliffe, David Hall, Ben Hutchinson, and Mark Young
- 2nd Team Prize: Sat Hanspal, Chris Morrow, Ged O’Connor and Scott Sutton
- Nearest the pin at the 18th hole: Brian Clarke
- Longest drive at the 12th hole: Ian Moss
- BSB Trophy (for BSB members): Sat Hanspal
- Visitor’s Rose Bowl – Ben Hutchinson
- Veteran’s Trophy – Dennis McCleese
The BSB golf day originally started in 1990 as a social event for society members and guests.