French pâtisserie manufacturer Brioche Pasquier has updated its collection, adding new flavours to its macaron range.
The Macarons ‘Notes Gourmandes’ collection is made up of six macaron flavours, which update the existing ones in the Brioche Pasquier range. The new collection incorporates flavours and textures, such as nuts, seeds and fruits, which the business had noticed growing in popularity.
The range comprises:
- Lemon Curd – Replacing the banana flavour, Lemon Curd has a citrus zing to counteract the traditional sweetness of macarons.
- Orange Peel – Giving the chocolate orange macaron a makeover, this product replaces the chocolate and adds a zesty orange peel filling to the orange macaron.
- Fig and Poppy Seed – To incorporate the trend for seed and nut toppings, the fig macaron has been given some poppy seed sprinkles.
- Chocolate Gianduja – The chocolate macaron has been updated with a chocolate and hazelnut filling and a hazelnut topping.
- Coconut – This flavour has been made “even more coconutty”, said Brioche Pasquier.
- Slightly Salted Caramel – The only flavour not to receive an update.
“While fruits of all sorts from blackberry to guava will be popular in 2019, lemon, lime and orange are set to be the flavours that really stand out,” said Jon Turonnet, foodservice sales manager at Brioche Pasquier.
“We believe that the Macarons ‘Notes Gourmandes’ range will appeal to trend-setting restaurants, cafés and caterers who want to cater for the sophisticated tastes of today’s consumer.”
Macarons ‘Notes Gourmandes’ are available in boxes of 36, supplied frozen to thaw and serve.