The Federation of Bakers (FoB) is to host a one-day training course on ‘bread weights control’ on Tuesday 8 May.
The course is designed to provide those working in the industry with a full understanding of the requirements to comply with the practical and legislative aspects of bread weight control.
Information on how the legislation is made, applied and enforced will be given.
The Bread Weights and Measures full course syllabus is as follows:
• Weights & Measures Act
• Weights & Measures (Packaged Goods) Regulations
• Weights & Measures (Miscellaneous Foods) Order
• Introduction to the Code of Practice on Bread Weight checking
• Weight variability during baking
• How it works in practice
• Setting up a control system
• Review of procedures
The course will be held at Federation House, Catherine Street, in London, and will cost £220 plus VAT for members and associate members and £300 for non-members. For more information contact Caroline Ford at the FoB on 020 7420 7190, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download details from www.bakersfederation.org.uk.