French patisserie manufacturer Brioche Pasquier has introduced a seven-strong range of choux pastry petits fours.
The range is made with cage-free eggs, butter and fresh fruit and is free from hydrogenated fats and preservatives.
The ‘Incontournable Pâte à Choux’ range compromises:
- Choux Caramel – crème caramel, a pinch of salt and a caramelised hazelnut topping.
- Éclair Parfum Vanille – vanilla pastry cream, vanilla fondant and a dash of chocolate.
- Choux Chocolat – chocolate mousse with a crunchy topping.
- Éclair Café – coffee pastry cream and a coffee fondant icing.
- Choux Faҫon Chantilly Vanille – cream, vanilla and a crunchy topping.
- Éclair au Chocolat – chocolate pastry cream and chocolate fondant icing.
- Choux Praliné – praline pastry cream topped with flaked almonds.
Targeted at caterers and restaurants, the new range will be sold frozen, in a tray containing 48 petit fours. They need five hours to defrost and can then be served as they are.
“Following the success of our range of mini-éclairs, we are now introducing a full collection of shapes and flavours, which we are confident will appeal to event caterers and restaurants,” said Jon Turonnet, foodservice sales manager at Brioche Pasquier.
“The chic style, finish and flavours of this very elegant collection are a contrast to more colourful ranges of petit fours. The effect is very French and very sophisticated.”
Earlier this year, Brioche Pasquier released another range of petit fours named Délicatesse which were aimed at the afternoon tea market. The ‘Incontournable Pâte à Choux’ are designed for summer events to be used as sweet canapés.