Yorkshire business The Topping Pie Company has launched a speciality pork pie range to tap demand for smaller pies with more flavour variety.
The family-run business produces the new 225g pies at its bakery in Doncaster. Launched at the Farm Shop & Deli show in Birmingham’s NEC this week, all are produced using British Red Tractor pork pie meat and fresh ingredients, with a hot water pastry crust.
The range comprises:
- Pork & Chorizo – pork pie meat with smoky chorizo sausage
- Pork & Piccalilli – pork pie meat with tangy and traditional crunchy piccalilli
- Pork & Black Pudding – pork pie meat with traditional Yorkshire black pudding made in-house by Topping
- Pork Chicken & Plum Chutney – a mix of pork meat, diced chicken breast enriched with sweet, tangy plum chutney
- Yorkshire Farmers – combining pork meat with diced chicken breast and ham marinated in a wholegrain honey mustard
- Scrumpy Pie – pork meat with diced turkey breast, enriched with sweet cider and celery relish.
Alongside the pork pies, Topping has introduced its first range of ready meals. It comprises Lasagne; Shepherd’s Pie, and Cheese & Vegetable Pasta in either 2.4kg or 700g, as well as a 2.4kg Corned Beef & Potato Pie.
“We are delighted to introduce both our new 225g speciality pork pie range and our traditional recipe ready meals, our first product launch outside of our core pie business,” said The Topping Pie Company sales director Matthew Topping.
“We are confident the ranges will be well received by food lovers and connoisseurs who buy on quality and taste and not on price alone when it comes to selling to their customers.”
He added that the move into the ready meal sector came at a time when all businesses needed to adapt and look for new opportunities in a changing and challenging market.