McDonald’s has unveiled a chicken burger between two naan breads as part of its latest Great Tastes of the World line-up.
The NPD marks the first time the business has sold a naan bread burger, and is part of a line-up that includes burgers inspired by French and Italian cuisine.
Available for eight weeks, this is the seventh time McDonald’s has run a Great Tastes of the World promotion.
Rotating every fortnight, the beef burgers are priced at £5.99 for a meal and £4.39 for a burger, while the chicken sandwiches are on sale for four weeks at £5.89 for a meal and £4.19 for the burger.
The burger line-up comprises
- French Stack with Garlic Mayo: Two 100% British & Irish beef burgers with garlic mayo, cheese, bacon, seasonal lettuce and onions in a buttery garlic bun.
- Canadian Stack with Maple BBQ Sauce: Two 100% British & Irish beef burgers with cheese, bacon, seasonal lettuce, crispy onions and rich maple BBQ sauce in a maple BBQ bun.
- Swiss Stack with Emmental Cheese Sauce: Two 100% British & Irish beef burgers with cheese, bacon, seasonal lettuce, crispy onions, Emmental cheese sauce and a potato lattice bun.
- Italian Stack with Pesto Style Mayo: Two 100% British & Irish beef burgers with sun blush tomato sauce, Mozzarella-style cheese, bacon, seasonal lettuce and green pesto-style mayonnaise in a wheat-topped semolina bun.
- Indian Chicken in a Garlic Naan: Two pieces of crispy chicken with an Indian-style relish, garlic mayo, lettuce, red onion and cucumber between two mini garlic naans.
- Jamaican Chicken with Spicy Jerk Sauce: Two pieces of crispy chicken with a spicy jerk sauce, mayo, bacon, Pepper Jack cheese, red onion and seasonal lettuce in a seasoned jerk bun.
Subscribers to British Baker can read our feature on alternatives to burgers buns here.