This feature will comprise a number of components: the main running copy will look at the success some bakers are enjoying with popcorn, while a smaller articles will look at product ranging
British Baker Insight Feature Synopsis
CRISPS AND SNACKS
- Publication date: 4 October 2017
- Editorial submissions deadline: 1 September 2017
- Editorial contact: Vince Bamford – email@example.com
There is little sign of a slowdown in the popcorn market. In addition to the wide range of premium bagged popcorn products on sale, supermarkets are enjoying success with popcorn machines in store.
This article will examine the popcorn boom, and look at how retail bakeries can benefit from it. Topics to be covered will include:
- The use of popcorn machines in supermarket in-store bakeries. Can such equipment be a commercial success in smaller retail operations?
- Premium bagged popcorn. Is there a place for it in bakery product ranges?
- New product development. What flavours and products are driving the popcorn market?
- Using popcorn as a bakery ingredient
BOX-OUT: Choosing the right snack range
When it comes to bagged snacks, how should a baker go about choosing the correct range for their shop? Are consumer choices driven by brand or flavour? Should they be carrying a selection of healthier snacking products?