- Publication date: Wednesday 22 March 2023
- Editorial submissions deadline: Friday 10 March 2023
- Editorial contact: Vince Bamford, firstname.lastname@example.org
Butter and other fats are a crucial part of the baking process for many products. But prices have risen rapidly forcing bakers of all sizes to look more closely at their choice of ingredients.
This feature will explore the price rises, the impact it is having on bakers and what tactics they are employing to combat it.
Key areas this article will explore include:
- How much have butter prices risen over the past year and what are the reasons behind this?
- What impact has this had on the bakery market?
- What tactics are bakers (of all sizes) employing to combat this?
- What alternatives to butter are available? And what are the barriers (if any) to their use?