A Tesco superstore in Harlow, Essex, had to be evacuated last weekend after a fire broke out in an in-store bakery.

Fire crews were called to the Tesco Superstore in Edinburgh Way, Harlow, after fire started in a large industrial oven in the bakery, located at the back of the store.

The fire was caused by an electrical fault, according to the local fire brigade.

A Tesco spokesman said: "We can confirm there was a small incident in the bakery at the Harlow store at around 3am on Saturday. The store was evacuated as a precautionary measure, but fortunately, given the hour that this occurred, there were very few customers in the store."