- Publication date: 7 June 2021
- Editorial submissions deadline: 12 May 2021
- Editorial contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sustainability remains high on the agenda for many companies but bakery, like many other food and drink categories, still has a long way to go before it eradicates the use of virgin plastic packaging.
This feature will look at how some of the UK’s biggest bakery players are looking to make their packaging more sustainable, the barriers they face when doing this and the solutions available.
Key questions this feature will ask:
- What are bakery’s biggest players doing to make their packaging eco-friendly?
- What are the barriers to the eradication of virgin plastic packaging and the use of recycled material in the bakery market?
- What responsibility do consumers and local council recycling schemes have in this?
- How has the pandemic changed things in terms of consumer views on packaging and how far up a business’ agenda it is?
- What regulatory updates have occurred recently or are coming that could impact the market?
- Are there any bakery products which require plastic packaging to ensure quality and shelf life? If so, why is this and what options are available to make them more sustainable?
- How are sustainability measures communicated to consumers on pack?
This feature will also have box outs on the packaging equipment available to small and medium bakeries looking to automate their processes, as well as how craft bakeries are taking on the packaging challenge.