Five more vegan products are being added to Adelie Foods’ Urban Eat range.
The wraps, sandwiches and panini are part of the brand’s Roots range of vegetarian and vegan food-to-go products and will be rolling out to retailers from 20 August with a £2.79 recommended retail price.
Adelie said the launch was designed to meet consumer demand for more vegan products, with the business more than doubling the size of its vegan range in the past 12 months.
“Innovation and keeping on top of trends is at the heart of our ethos at Adelie, and catering for specialised diets, such as vegan, is a big focus for us at Urban Eat,” said Adelie foods senior marketing manager Isla Owen.
“Meat-free diets are becoming more common than ever, with approximately 12% of the UK population now following this type of diet,” she added, citing Vegetarian Society data for 2017.
The five new Urban Eat Roots products are:
- Pickle Me Up Sandwich - Dairy-free cheddar style cheese with pickle, tomato, red onion and salad leaves
- Avo-Lafel Sandwich - Avocado falafel, red pepper tapenade, pesto, red and yellow pepper and salad leaves
- Pesto Presto - Dairy-free mozzarella with pesto, slow roast tomato, tomato and salad leaves
- Dirty Jack Wrap - BBQ jackfruit with ‘Dirty Sauce’, carrot slaw, sweetcorn and salad leaves
- Hot Mozza Bella Panini - Dairy-free mozzarella, sweet chilli peppers, pesto, slow roasted tomato and tomato ragu
Existing products in the Roots range include the best-selling Bhaji Bonanza sandwich, combining onion bhajis and Bombay potatoes.
Subscribers to British Baker can read our category report on the vegan bakery market here.