Starbucks is going up against the likes of Boots and Tesco as it rolls out a £3.99 lunchtime meal deal at its stores across the capital.
The deal consists of a main, side and drink. Customers visiting one of the 60 Starbucks stores close to office buildings in London can choose a sandwich, wrap or hot panini, a bag of Kettle Chips or a banana and a 500ml bottle of still or sparkling water. Starbucks coffee is not included.
Christmas menu items, such as the Turkey Feast Panini and Turkey Club Thin Flatbread, are included in the deal alongside vegetarian and vegan options such as the Three Cheese & Cranberry Panini and the Kale, Jalapeño & Slaw Wrap.
At £3.99, the Starbucks deal comes in slightly more expensive than those offered by supermarkets – Morrisons, Tesco and Sainsbury’s meal deals all cost £3.00, while Marks & Spencer announced a £3.50 version earlier this year.
Meal deals have long been a popular lunchtime option, but Sainsbury’s bore the brunt of a social media backlash last year after it removed its Taste the Difference sandwiches from the £3 offer.
The full list of sandwiches included the Starbucks meal deal are:
- Poached Egg & Hollandaise Croissant Bun
- Cheddar & Mushroom Croissant
- Ham & Cheddar croissant
- Ultimate All Day Breakfast Sandwich
- Hickory Smoked Bacon Sandwich
- Butcher’s Traditional Sausage Sandwich
- Mini Grilled Cheese & Ham Toastie
- Cheese & Marmite Sarnie
- Smoked Salmon Seeded Bagel
- Sure as Eggs is Eggs
- Triple Cheese Toastie
- Ham & Cheese Toastie
- Buttermilk Chicken & Chipotle Wrap
- Kale, Jalapeño & Slaw Wrap
- Pastrami, Lettuce & Tomato Thin Flatbread
- Turkey Club Thin Flatbread
- Turkey Feast Panini
- Mozzarella, Tomato & Red Pesto Panini
- Croque Monsieur Panini
- Three Cheese & Cranberry Panini