These premium Easter-themed cakes use Macphie’s Genoese Mix and 5th Avenue icing and offer a high profit margin.
Sugar and chocolate sprinkles
1. Mix 500g Chocolate Genoese Mix and 70g margarine for 1 minute on a slow speed.
2. Add 200g water and mix for 1 minute on slow speed, scrape down, mix for a further 4 minutes on medium speed.
3. Deposit 50g of batter into paper cases Bake for 20-25 minutes at 150C. Cool before icing.
1. Beat 300g 5th Avenue Chocolate Icing and 100g margarine on medium speed until light and fluffy (approximately 5 minutes).
2. Using a star nozzle, pipe a swirl on top of the cupcakes. Finish with chocolate eggs and chocolate curls or flaked chocolate to create bird’s nest effect.
Ingredient cost per product unit: 17p
RRP: £1.20-£1.50 per unit