London patisserie Cake Boy has launched a vegan afternoon tea.
Available now for £40 per person, the vegan afternoon tea will include a selection of savoury and sweet products.
“We have customers from all over the world and increasingly we are being asked if we have vegan cakes and bakes,” said Cake Boy master patissier Eric Lanlard.
“I wanted to design an afternoon tea that was just as elegant and glamourous in our signature style and not an afterthought or a lesser offering.”
The vegan afternoon tea will be served with champagne, puro organic coffee and TWG tea. Food available as part of the vegan menu includes:
- Buckwheat petit pain with cheddar-style cheese, sun-blush tomato and basil
- Gluten free mini loaf with pistachio pesto, roasted pepper and extra virgin olive oil pearls
- Olive sourdough with Moroccan coriander houmous, Persian sultanas and micro coriander
- Avocado & Peruvian chocolate cup with raspberries
- Red velvet cake
- Bombay dream verrine
- Classic “Mont Blanc”
- French raspberry macarons
The launch follows a surge of interest in veganism, which was boosted by last month’s ‘Veganuary’ marketing activity.
Subscribers to British Baker can access our category report on the vegan bakery market here.