Mars Chocolate Drinks & Treats (MCD&T) has expanded its celebration cake range with five new products.
The line-up includes its first small sharing cakes, the Galaxy Triple Chocolate cake and Maltesers Buttons cake, to tap demand for treats suitable for smaller occasions.
Mars has also rolled out the MilkyWay Shooting Star cake, Skittles Rainbow Celebration cake and M&M’s Hot Air Balloon cake. The new line-up comprises:
- Galaxy Triple Chocolate cake (rsp £3) features a chocolate sponge cake, white chocolate frosting, mini Galaxy Ripple, Galaxy chocolate drops and white chocolate curls.
- Maltesers Buttons cake (rsp £3) includes a light chocolate sponge cake with dark and milk chocolate frosting, as well as milk chocolate Maltesers Buttons containing honeycomb pieces.
- MilkyWay Shooting Star cake (rsp £12) is made up of a vanilla sponge cake, chocolate frosting and a MilkyWay Shooting Star.
- Skittles Rainbow Celebration cake (rsp £12) comprises a brightly coloured sponge cake, filled and covered with frosting and chewy fruit candles in a crisp sugar shell.
- M&M’s Hot Air Balloon cake (rsp £12) contains a chocolate sponge, chocolate frosting, M&M’s and an edible character.
“Not every occasion is celebrated with a large number of people, and as such, there is a growing demand for cakes to suit smaller, but no less important, occasions,” said Michelle Frost, general manager at MCD&T.
The Galaxy and Maltesers cakes are available now in Tesco and Morrisons, and Asda from July; the MilkyWay cake is available now in Tesco, Morrisons from 22 June, and Asda from 13 July; the Skittles cake is available now in Morrisons, Asda and Tesco; and the M&M’s cake is available now in Tesco now, Morrisons from 15 June and Asda from 13 July.“We believe the combination of the price point, taste and popular brands will appeal to consumers looking for a smaller sized celebration cake to enjoy. Both cakes serve eight, so there are plenty of slices to share among family, colleagues and friends.”