A fire has begun Pound Bakery in Bolton town centre.

The blaze started in the Market Street branch at about 8.40am today and is being dealt with by two fire engines. 

Passers-by took to Twitter to report a ‘horrible burning smell.’

Crews believe the blaze started because of an electrical fault.

Watch manager, Ian Ainsworth told The Bolton News: "We think it started around the incoming electrical supply but we are waiting for the supply to be isolated before we can investigate.

"We entered via the back exit and the building was heavily smoke logged, a fire around the electricity supply was reaching the ceiling, we used hose reels but had to be careful because of the electricity."

"All the food was damaged, I think the pasties are a bit too well done."

All staff were evacuated safely and have been transferred to the Newport Street branch.

Pound bakery operations manager, David Silvester said he was pleased that everyone got out unhurt and that the firm would be "working into the night" to make sure the shop can reopen as soon as possible.

Follow the reactions on twitter:

[<a href="//storify.com/Bronya_Smolen/reaction-to-pound-bakery-bolton-fire" target="_blank">View the story "Reaction to Pound Bakery, Bolton fire" on Storify</a>]