- Publication date: 7 June 2021
- Editorial submissions deadline: 12 May 2021
- Editorial contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Milling isn’t all about picturesque windmills – in fact there’s some serious kit involved used to blend art and science to achieve high quality products. However, misconceptions still exist. So much so that NABIM recently rebranded to UK Flour Millers to better represent the sector.
This feature will explore what the modern-day milling industry is really like.
Key questions this feature will ask:
- Who are the key players on the UK milling scene?
- What are the key features of a modern-day mill?
- How does this differ from days gone by?
- How much capacity does the UK milling industry have?
- What are some of the newest mills/recent investments to come online?
The feature will also explore why some bakers are choosing to mill their own flour and the kit required to do this, as well as case studies of some of the UK’s newest mills.