Steamed buns such as bao are no longer the preserve of foodies and specialist ethnic retailers – Sainsbury’s now has them in its food-to-go range, a number of foodservice chains sell them, and steamed bread also made an appearance in Great British Bake Off challenge last year.
- Publication date: 2 August 2017
- Editorial submissions deadline: 3 July 2017
- Editorial contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is driving the popularity of steamed buns – is this likely to be just a fad?
Could steamed bread (a staple food in China) find an audience in the UK?
Is there an opportunity for bakers to tap interest in steamed bread and buns?
Topics to be covered will include:
- The ingredients used in steam buns/bread.
- Recipes/production of steamed breads and buns
- The retail presence of steamed buns/bread, and the foodservice opportunities for such products
In addition to steamed buns/breads, this report will include a feature on bakery retail/distribution in India.