This feature will explore how alternative production methods could give doughnuts a healthier twist.
- Publication date: 10 March 2020
- Editorial submissions deadline: 19 February 2020
- Editorial contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ditch the fryer? How alternative production methods could give doughnuts a healthier twist
This article will explore the use of baking and steaming – as opposed to the traditional frying – as a way of producing doughnuts that could appeal more to health-conscious consumers.
Key topics should include:
- Who is already supplying baked or steamed doughnuts, and why have they opted for this type of production?
- What are the differences between these doughnuts and ones that are fried in terms of taste and texture?
- How does the recipe for a baked or a steamed doughnut differ from a traditional doughnut?
- What impact does baking or steaming having in shelf life compared with frying?
- Are there cost implications?