DIY BAKERY KITS
- Publication date: 28 September 2020
- Editorial submissions deadline: 28 August 2020
- Editorial contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The coronavirus outbreak had a swift impact on the cake market as retailers focused on stocking core grocery products, the foodservice market shut down and weddings and other celebrations were cancelled.
As a result of a sudden change in fortunes and loss of access to traditional markets, some sweet bakery business embraced soaring interest in home baking by launching baking or decorating kits.
This feature will profile three businesses that launched such products, examine how they did so, and how their products have fared.
Key questions this feature will address are:
- What impact did the outbreak have on business?
- What prompted the decision to launch a DIY kit of some form?
- What were the biggest challenges of developing these kits?
- How do you market the kits, and how do you sell them?
- How are the kits sent out to consumers?
- What did you learn from the process, and what would you do differently with hindsight?