Bakers are being urged to sign up for a limited-edition ingredients and equipment pack as part of this year’s National Craft Bakers’ Week (8-13 October).
Contents of the Big Taste pack, worth more than £125, have been supplied by sponsors of the National Craft Bakers’ Week, which is organised by the National Association of Master Bakers (NAMB). It is available to bakers who register to take part in the event and make a donation of £20, which will go to the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Christopher Freeman, president of the NAMB, said: ‘‘From a baker’s perspective, this Big Taste pack gives a valuable opportunity to trial some new lines and get some direct feedback from customers on individual samples.
“Ideally, use the Big Taste pack to extend your National Craft Bakers’ Week sampling menu, which might also consist of speciality products or your own traditional recipes that demonstrate your versatility and range of baking skills –enabling customers to fully appreciate just how delicious locally made, freshly baked goods can taste.’’
The Big Taste pack consists of:
- Marriages’ Strong Stoneground Wholemeal Flour, Manitoba (White) Flour, and Rye Wholemeal Flour (all 16kg packs)
- Puratos UK’s Satin Crème Cake Plain Mix (12.5kg)
- CSM’s Craigmillar Buttery Scone Mix (12.5kg)
- Macphie’s i-zing and Rainbow Frosting (both 5kg packs)
- British Bakels’ Chia Bread Concentrate (12.5 kg)
- Reynards’ Everyday plastic scraper and one roll of 10 exclusive 21-inch Keeseal Ultra Disposable Savoy Bags
- BFP Wholesale yeast pack with delivery.
Delivery of the Big Taste packs will be free of charge by National Craft Bakers’ Week sponsors BFP and all five BAKO depots.
Alan Clarke, chief executive of Scottish Bakers, which is working in partnership with the NAMB, said: “We are encouraging our members to take part, as this is a great opportunity to showcase the talents of bakers across the country, encourage customers to visit your bakery and to assist young people with cancer.”
To register for National Craft Bakers’ Week and a Big Taste pack, visit www.masterbakers.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 01920 468061.