London’s Crosstown Doughnuts has opened an entirely vegan store in Marylebone, serving up sourdough doughnuts, coffee and other beverages.
The site, which opened last week, will stock all nine of Crosstown’s vegan doughnut flavours every day, alongside a vegan box featuring all the flavours, which is available to pre-order online for free delivery or collection.
Flavours include: Tropical Compote filled with orange & papaya compote, pineapple glaze and coconut chips; Peanut Butter Berry, featuring blackcurrant compote, peanut butter glaze and roasted peanuts; and Cinnamon Scroll, rolled with cinnamon and covered in vanilla bean glaze (see full list below).
Crosstown launched as a market stall in 2014, with its first permanent site in Soho in May 2015. It launched a vegan range to tie in with National Vegetarian Week 2017, and until now these were available on rotation at its locations every Friday to Sunday.
“Vegan Crosstown is an expansion of our current offering that we’ve been working towards since we first introduced a selection of vegan doughnuts back in May 2017,” the company said. “We’ve been searching for the right location and hope that, with our new site opposite Selfridges on Picton Place, we’ve found a great central location that’s accessible to people living all over London.”
Here’s the full list of Crosstown’s vegan doughnuts:
- Vegan Vanilla Glazed Ring – topped with Crosstown’s signature vanilla bean glaze
- Vegan Chocolate Truffle Ring – with a dark chocolate ganache and chocolate truffle filling
- Vegan Cinnamon Scroll – rolled with cinnamon and covered in vanilla bean glaze.
- Vegan Peanut Butter Berry – filled with a blackcurrant compote, roasted peanut butter glaze and roasted peanuts
- Vegan Forest Fruit – a mixed berry compote filling, vanilla glaze and vanilla crumble.
- Vegan Tropical Compote – orange & papaya compote, pineapple glaze and coconut chips.
- Vegan Coconut Custard & Lime – a vegan spirulina dough, filled with coconut custard and topped with lime glaze and vanilla crumble topping
- Vegan Apple Pie –cinnamon-spiced apple filling, hand-dipped in vanilla glaze and finished with a vanilla crumble
- Vegan Beetroot Ring Blood Orange – a pink beetroot dough, hand-dipped in a blood orange glaze and finished with chopped pistachio.
For more information on the trends playing out in doughnuts, subscribers to British Baker magazine can read our doughnut feature here.