Pladis is hoping to woo younger consumers to the cake category with the Moments cakes range.
Rolling out to grocery and convenience stores in June, the cakes have been inspired by café culture, according to the manufacturer.
Available in five flavours in a range of pack sizes, the products are described as moving away from traditional sponge-based formats and offering ‘multi-dimensional’ textures. The range comprises:
- Cookie Doughlicious – a tiffin made of digestive biscuits, cookie dough fudge flavour pieces, topped with milk chocolate and a white chocolate drizzle (nine-pack rsp £1.50/10-pack rsp £1.60);
- Chocolate Caramelting Flapjacks – made of rolled oats baked with cookie pieces and syrup, topped with caramel and, milk chocolate (nine-pack rsp £1.50/10-pack rsp £1.60);
- Choccy Rocky Road – comprised of digestive biscuit pieces, cherries and marshmallows (four-pack rsp £1.60);
- Salted Caramel Billionaire – made up of a digestive biscuit base, topped with salty-sweet caramel and milk chocolate (four-pack rsp £1.60);
- Honeycomb Crunch (four-pack rsp £1.60).
Significant investment has been made across shopper channels, with “impactful” displays and sampling across the major retailers, added Pladis.
“We’re thrilled to launch McVitie’s Moments and believe it will be the biggest innovation in the cake category in 2018,” said Claire Hooper, head of marketing at Pladis UK and Ireland for McVitie’s Cake Company.
“We’re confident the range will bring new excitement and growth to the category as a whole, giving younger consumers a new snacking experience and responding to the demand for smaller, but more indulgent snacking moments.”