Professional chefs from around the UK will face off next week with the return of The Sausage Roll Off.
Held at the Red Lion pub in Barnes, London, on the 25 January, the contest invites professional chefs to take part in a live competition to create, roll and bake a dozen sausage rolls.
Four of the rolls are judged while the remaining eight are sold at an auction, raising funds for the Shooting Star Chase charity – a hospice charity that cares for babies, children and young people with life-limiting conditions.
The judging panel – which includes: Graham Garrett, chef owner of the West House, in Biddenden, Kent; Neil Rankin, owner of Temper in London’s Soho; Dan Doherty chef director of the Duck and Waffle in Bishopsgate, London; and Mark Poynton, chef owner of Alimentum in Cambridge – will expect the chefs to think outside the box with their recipes.
Last year’s winner, Phil Harrison won with a pheasant and black pudding sausage roll, with a turnip dip.
The full list of competitors is:
- Si Toft - The Dining Room, Abersoch
- Alan Paton – Nayland Hotel Gold and Spa
- Daniel Merry – The Botanist, Broadgate
- Mat Follas
- Anton Manganaro - BAFTA 195 Piccadilly
- Kieran Drinkwater – The Pilot, Chiswick
- Charlie Hodson – Charlies Norfolk Food Heroes
- Brendan Fyldes – Green & Fortunes at Sea Containers
- Jenny Jones – The Kings Head, Hursley
- Simon Oakley – Rocksalt, Folkestone
- Jon Leyton – The Knife & Cleaver, Houghton
- Rob Taylor - The Compasses Inn, Crundale
- Matthew Hill – Down Hall Country House Hotel
- Oliver Marlowe – City Glen Pub Company
- Greig Hunter – Morden Hall
- Keith Hooke – Temple and Sons restaurant