British Baker is currently running a series of features dedicated to exploring ways to start or expand a bakery business, giving readers the chance to learn from those who have already done it.
Baking a fantastic loaf or making a show-stopping cake takes different skills and knowledge than running and building a successful business – but it is possible to do both, as these features show.
British Baker subscribers can see the articles published so far by clicking the links below:
- What inspires bakers and entrepreneurs to start a business? Including information on writing a business plan and securing funding.
- Advice on selecting the right site for your bakery or shop, including information on researching location and footfall, and whether you should rent or buy a property.
- Exploring the importance of marketing, from getting the right look to stunning Instagram visuals, including advice on social media, building a website and methods of advertising.
- This feature offers guidance on accountancy and choosing an accountant, legal compliance and essential insurance information.
- Ensuring you stock a good range of products is vital, and this feature explores topics including modern snacking trends, free-from, and the value of a good coffee offer.
- Tackling the topic of choosing and maintaining equipment, this looks at the essential kit for a new business, bakeware, and energy suppliers.